13 abr 2010

Relativos

Just the butterfly

I wore my finest dress that afternoon. It was gray with black ribbons, just like my life. I had never been loved by no one. I never met my parents. I was left behind. I knew my friends would eventually die. I had nothing but nothing had me. I was free in my own cage. I could do anything I wanted, but love. My white arms reached for something in the outside, but I knew I couldn't get it. I was ok with that. 
I do not see myself as a special girl. I am not. I just happen to be sadder than the rest. Then you came along. You taught me what a smile meant, now I miss it. You told me that I was worth it, now I'm not. You kissed my lips with a magic word, now they are shut. My head was banged against the wall of imagination until I thought it could be real. There was nothing but pleasure, which now is nothing but pain. 
I don't need you, for I have never needed you before. I don't need your arms, your lips, your voice. I don't need your words. I don't know which is worse, your truths or your lies. I don't even think I care about them anymore. I will just forget everything and go back to my freedom cage. I'll lock myself in and stay there, where I am safe.
I wore my finest dress that afternoon. I thought you were coming to get me. I waited for hours before the storm. I watched the flowers, they were tied to the ground. They couldn't leave. They couldn't hide from the inminent storm. I could, but I waited. Then this butterfly came along, with her bright colours, flying around. That was freedom. I tried to reach for it but I found myself stucked to the ground. I was becoming a flower. 
When you tried to find me all you could se was a bunch of yellow and purple flowers under the rain. Near them there was a black rose sleeping. It was me, but you couldn´t see it. 

No hay comentarios: